Last night I finished the second Harlequin sock (Anne Berk’s pattern in New Directions in Sock Knitting).
You’ll notice that the pattern is slightly mis-matched on the two socks. That’s because I started the charted pattern on the first sock at the right edge of the chart and I began the charted pattern on the second sock at the heavy black end-of-round line closer to the left edge of the chart. (Apparently, I didn’t keep very good notes.)
As it turns out, I happen to like mis-matched socks so I’m very happy with the outcome! This intarsia-in-the-round technique is really fun once you get the hang of it and is well worth the annoyance of all those butterflies flopping around. I encourage you to try the pattern yourself!
Next up will be General Hogbuffer’s U-Turn socks on page 96.
2 thoughts on “Harlequin Socks — A Slightly Mis-Matched Pair”
The harlequin socks are super cute
I love mismatched socks. Keeps you more in balance! 🙂
Comments are closed.