Knit with Me on The Longest Day
Once again I am taking part in the Alzheimer’s Association’s (alz.org) The Longest Day event. This annual event takes place on the summer solstice–the day with the most light. On this day volunteers spend the daylight hours doing something they love while raising awareness and hopefully a lot of funds for to help find a cure for this dreadful disease.
For my part, I plan to knit from dawn to dusk on June 19. Although it’s not quite the summer solstice, it’s close enough for me!
In anticipation of the event, I designed the Fading Memories Cowl (shown above). On June 19, I’ll knit another version of the cowl while partaking in five online knit-a-longs sponsored by some of my favorite yarn shops. I’d love for you to purchase the Fading Memories Cowl and knit along with me. I’ll donate $5 to Alzheimer’s research for every pattern purchased!
To help keep me focused during this very long day, I’ve scheduled a series of online knit-a-longs hosted by five of my favorite yarn shops. Beginning in Florida, we’ll follow the sun across the continent and end in Washington. You can check in, give me a “way to go, thumbs up” emoji, and hang out for an hour of chat and encouragement and even some prizes! All five sessions are free and will take place on Zoom.
- Start the Longest Day KAL at Four Purls of Winter Haven, Florida. This zoom session begins at 6:00 am PDT, 7:00 am MDT, 8:00 am CDT, 9:00 am EDT, 10:00 am ADT and 10:30 am in NL.
- The next stop will be at Hill Country Weavers. This Zoom session will be at 8:00 am PDT, 9:00 am MDT, 10:00 am CDT, 11:00 am EDT, 12:00 pm ADT and 12:30 pm in NL.
- Drop in on me again, courtesy of Longmont Yarn Shoppe of Longmont, Colorado. This zoom session will begin at 12:00 pm PDT, 1:00 pm MDT, 2:00 pm CDT, 3:00 pm EDT, 4:00 pm ADT and 4:30 pm in NL.
- Keep knitting (or take a nap), then join River City Yarns of Edmonton, Alberta for an afternoon session starting at 2:00 pm PDT, 3:00 pm MDT, 4:00 pm CDT, 5:00 pm EDT, 6:00 pm ADT and 6:30 pm in NL.
- We’ll finish up our cross-country KAL with a visit at the Bazaar Girls Yarn Shop of Port Townsend, Washington. This session starts at 4:00 pm PDT, 5:00 pm MDT, 6:00 pm CDT, 7:00 pm EDT, 8:00 pm ADT and 8:30 pm in NL. Contact Dana at email@example.com to register.
And in any event, please visit my fundraiser page and make a donation. To encourage donations, I’ll enter your name in a raffle for every $50 you donate (donate $50 and get one chance to win, donate $100 and get two changes to win, and so on). The winner will receive the Fading Memories Cowl that I knit during the event.