I’m delighted with the progress I’ve made on Anne Berk’s Harlequin socks from New Directions in Sock Knitting! I’ve certainly found my rhythm and am having trouble putting it down. I forced myself to stop before I completed the cuff.
I’m running low on the main color so I decided to work the cuff in A instead. I’m not a big fan of k1, p1 ribbing so I worked mine in k3, p1. For a little fun, I worked a few rounds in D to top it off. In preparation for working an invisible tubular bind-off, I worked these 3 rounds in k1, p1 rib.
The completed sock looks pretty good, but will improve with a good blocking.
The inside of the sock, however, is a bit of a mess!
As bad as it looked, I wove in all the ends while on a business call!
8 thoughts on “Harlequin Socks — First Sock Completed”
That is a seriously cute sock
Holy ends, Batman! Nice job.
Love it. Please give us your thoughts on the best approach to adding a new color. Pam
Congratulations on taking care of all those ends so amazingly!
I was pretty intrigued with the sock until I saw all those ends. I hate ends! But it is a gorgeous sock. Really like the way you finished the cuff.
Ha. The photo of the inside is the best. Good job on weaving them all in.
That is one cool looking sock. Love it.