I’ve made a sketch of the top I want to make with ShiBui Linen. It will be a shell with rolled edges and gathers along the empire line. I decided to use a simple slip-stitch pattern for a bit a vertical texture. I’m not certain how I want to work the lower edging, so I simply used a crochet chain provisional cast-on. I’m nearly to the part where I’ll decrease for the gathers, which should speed up the knitting. Right now, there are 148 stitches on the needles; after the gathers, there will be about 122 stitches.
In the past, I haven’t enjoyed knitting with linen much, but have persevered because the end fabric can be so outstanding. But, for some reason, I’m enjoying working with this yarn.