Hygge Delight Socks
Like a lot of people, I’ve embraced the Danish concept of hygge, which roughly translates to “cozy.” And what is cozier than slipping your feet into a blend of merino, cashmere, and silk? I designed these socks for unbridled self-indulgent luxury. Wear them while sipping cocoa in front of a fire, reading a novel on a stormy night, or simply relaxing at the end of a cold day.
These socks are worked with one strand each of two luxury fingering weight yarns held together throughout. The cuff begins with a decorative Channel Island cast-on followed by a few slouchy welts. The heel is composed of a flap and gusset; the toe is finished with the Kitchener stitch.
- One strand of each yarn is held together throughout.
- The leg/cuff is worked on one size larger needle for a loose, comfy fit.
- A video tutorial for the Channel Island cast-on can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up-0QOubXQ8
- The Channel Island Cast-On begins with a slipknot that is worked together with the adjacent stitch on the first round of knitting.
- When picking up gusset stitches each side of the heel flap, pick up one stitch in each chain edge stitch and an additional two stitches into the leg to prevent a gap or hole forming at the top of the gusset.